Pristine. Elegant. Magnificent. These are just a few of the adjectives that describe Cedar Grove, New Jersey. This Township is one of the most amazing and immaculate townships within New Jersey.
With its strongly bound community, it’s ever thriving economy, and it’s incredible scenery Cedar Grove, New Jersey is a fantastic place to begin your life with your first home, enhance your life with a bigger home, or complete your home buying experiences with a fantastic luxury retirement home.
Cedar Grove also has an amazing education system. The Cedar Grove Schools serve public school students from kindergarten through twelfth grade. Public schools in the district are North End Elementary School, South End Elementary School, Cedar Grove Memorial Middle School and Cedar Grove High School. Cedar Grove also has various private schools that are geared toward enhancing the knowledge of all children within their care and making the community as great as possible.
Washington Academy is an approved private school for special education. The Academy provides specialized academic and behavioral services to students whose disabilities disrupt their academic and behavioral growth and progress. Washington Academy was founded in 1982. Private schools within Cedar Grove serve students ages three to twenty one and grades kindergarten through twelfth.
With all of these fantastic characteristics, education, community, economy, and scenery, there is a home to fit everyone’s needs and RE/MAX Park Square are seasoned professionals in putting you in that home. With their many years of experience in Real estate and general sales they will use their hard work and dedication to match you with the perfect home and the perfect price. Whether or not you know the exact home you’re looking for or have no idea where to even start RE/MAX Park Square will help guide and assist you through the step by step process that will put you in your new home with little to no effort from you. Cedar Grove is a fantastic place to buy a home and if you are looking to do that, make the smart decision, choose RE/MAX Park Square. They work for you!
Ready to start searching listings in Cedar Grove? Search Cedar Grove Homes.
Dining and Shopping
Parks and Recreation
Cedar Grove has several parks and recreational areas within the township. These include county parks, town parks, and recreational areas.
There are two county parks located in Cedar Grove.
- Mills Reservation, a county park, consisting of a 157.15-acre (0.6360 km2) protected wooded area with trails for walking and an overlook of New York City.
- Hilltop Reservation, composed of lands in the grounds of the former Essex Mountain Sanitorium, opened in spring 2003.
- Community Park - this park is located near the center of the town off Little Falls Road. It features a baseball field, large field used for various sports, barbecue area, two playgrounds, a bocce court, and entrances to the Lenape Trails which are popular for running, walking and biking.
- Elmer Bowden Taylor Memorial Park - this park and its recreational facilities is located on Little Falls Road; near Bowden Road. It includes tennis courts, basketball court, small playground, and public bathroom. Named for Elmer Bowden Taylor, Cedar Grove resident killed in action in World War I while flying with the Lafayette Flying Corps.
- South End School Park, This park/playground is located on the grounds of South End Elementary School on Harper Terrace. Features include basketball courts, two baseball fields, and a playground.
- North End School Park is nearly identical to South End School's park.
- Cedar Grove High School, in the back of the high school, there is a quarter-mile track for running or walking. There is also a football field, soccer field, and baseball field.
- Tennis courts are located along Little Falls Road, all for public use.
- Cedar Grove Community Pool, a community pool which opened in 1963. It features a large pool with 50 meter lanes and 25 meter lanes, three diving boards (two small and a large one), and a water slide. Also, there is a baby pool for children under five. There is a snack bar for refreshments, sun decks for sunbathing, and basketball courts. The pool is open from the Saturday before Memorial Day to Labor Day.